(→TESTING SOFTWARE ON LIVECD: Fix typo)
(→Known Bugs: Fix list formatting)
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
== Known Bugs ==
== Known Bugs ==
Installation of Potabi through BSDInstall just installs a normal FreeBSD 13.0 System
BSDCONFIG might break when modifying network interfaces, disabling DHCP and never allowing it back on. This is currently only fixable by restarting the live system
Latest revision as of 03:56, 7 October 2021
This release is a beta release, and is not recommended for
production use. It is also before the creation of CoreNGS,
and is still FreeBSD at its core. This changes in later
|Potabi Systems - DESKTOP EDITION - Beta 1.0A Release|
|Release Date||October 6, 2021|
- Added MATE Desktop
- Added LightDM
- Created Bootloader
- Few bug fixes
This release is NOT production ready
TESTING SOFTWARE ON LIVECD
This is beta software that isn't designed for common use beyond basic testing.
No automatic login system is added, on boot you will be greeted with a login prompt saying "Potabi Live User", please simply click "Log In" and it will login to a MATE session as a non-root user.
To become root user run "su - root"
Use BSDCONFIG and BSDINSTALL commands as root (su - root) in LiveCD to test anything, and install. Sometimes issues will break in a way that don't make sense, and are "unfixable", often solvable with restarting.
While this install guide is not good, we will be working on proper installation steps, for now, there is this:
WARNING: INSTALLATION DOESN'T PROPERLY FUNCTION YET. WHILE YOUR SYSTEM WILL INSTALL FREEBSD, IT DOESN'T INSTALL POTABI. THIS IS NEITHER MISTAKE NOR DESIGN. THIS IS JUST THAT WE HAVEN'T WORKED ON INSTALLATION TOOLS YET. IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIMENT A LITTLE WITH GRAPHICAL POTABI, RUN THESE STEPS UNTIL YOU EXIT BSDCONFIG, AT WHICH POINT THE SYSTEM IS READY FOR LIVE-SYSTEM USE. THIS BUG WILL BE IRONED OUT IN MORE REFINED EDITIONS OF POTABI.
- Open terminal
- Login as root
- Run "bsdconfig" and use arrow keys down to "Network Management" & hit enter
- Go down to option 2, Network Interfaces & hit enter
- Enable DHCP & save/exit
- Exit bsdconfig
- Run "bsdinstall"
- Follow your desired installation for FreeBSD (Potabi is not yet recommended for new users, once we implement a graphical installer that will change)
Just to reiterate, this is HIGHLY unstable software, expect breakages and major errors.
- Installation of Potabi through BSDInstall just installs a normal FreeBSD 13.0 System
- BSDCONFIG might break when modifying network interfaces, disabling DHCP and never allowing it back on. This is currently only fixable by restarting the live system